Re: Automating Jobs in NT

From: Mr Jeremy Parsons <Jeremy_at_sqlstar.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/23

In article <326d34b1.981839_at_news.thehub.com.au>

           gordonh_at_thehub.com.au "Gordon E. Hooker" writes:
> Hi All,
> I want to do some DBA Admin work like backups, SQL scripts etc using an NT
> equivalent of cron. I have not had much to do with NT is there a way of setting
> off times jobs using NT? What backup routines come for the NT operating system?

A quick and dirty way is to use the AT command at /? will give you some help , also if you get the NT resource Kit you will get a program called command scheduler which will give At a GUI

The backup program in NT is a cut down version of backup exec for NT but the only way to schedule it is to use AT. Oracle 7.1 comes with no support for TAPE backup command Oracle 7.2 supposedly supports 4mm DAt but I have yet to install it.

The only product that I have come across that supports backup of Oracle online is Segate Storage manager with Agent for Oracle but this is not cheap.

my $0.002 worth!

*       Jeremy Parsons               * Email : Jeremy_at_sqlstar.demon.co.uk    *
*      Project Manager               * SQL Star International Limited        *