Re: How to send e-mail from Oracle

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: 1996/10/23

In article <54jr0l$s50_at_ms.mimos.my> mariah_at_ms.mimos.my writes:

>Suppose I have this scenario. A warehouse stores items belonging to clients.
>The client will send e-mail to the warehouse manager whenever there are orders
>from customer for a particular item. The warehouse manager will run
>SQL*Loader to process the order causing an Oracle trigger to fire which in
>turn updates the database. After awhile the items in the warehouse will be
>depleted. This is when the warehouse manager has to send e-mail to the
>clients telling them about the status of their storage. I want the e-mail to
>be send automatically during the update of the database, i.e while running
>the trigger. That means I have to do some coding to call a host function
>from within the trigger. How do I do that? I'm running Oracle 7.2 on
>Solaris 2.3. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Have you looked at Oracle Alerts from Oracle Corp? This may be what you need without coding extensive triggers.

Philip

  Philip Chee: Tasek Cement Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 9850.87 þ Fatal Database Error #10070: Sysop late for work