Re: Oracle Web Serv. Installation

From: Ken Brouillette <kabroui_at_obelisk.plk.af.mil>
Date: 1996/10/22

> But then I get stuck with two DCDs - I run the Oracle
> DB on the local machine ( the instance is up), fill
> in the oracle home and SID and it fails with:
>
> "OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 3114
> ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE"
>
> the same error if I try to setup "default DCD, OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE"
>
> What's the problem ?
> I setup the "first Oracle Web Listener" as nobody/nobody
> ( I tried oracle/dba ... bad bad - but doesn't work anyway).
>
> Should the instance be running at the time of config (well,
> I guess it should :) ?
> Any advices ?

Rashid,

Well I hacked around with this for awhile myself. I think I finally got it to work by specifying the dcd as remote and giving it the service name of the SQL*NET v2 listener that was running for that instance.

And the instance most certainly must be up and running when you do this.

Hope this helps.

Ken Brouillette
Database Administrator
Computer Sciences Corp.
Phillips Laboratory/Albuquerque, NM Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message