Oracle Web Serv. Installation

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1996/10/21

	I'm trying to install the OWS (2.1 - the 2 binaries
	from oracle web site - main dist. and the patch).
	After untarring them in ***/ows21 and modifying the
	env. vars to include:
	OWS_ADPSO  ${ORACLE_HOME}/ows21/lib/ndwfs.so
	OWS_ADPCFG  ${ORACLE_HOME}/ows21/admin/adpspy.cfg
	I run the install.sh as root and it fires up the
	server on 8888 port to which I'm able to connect and
	configure the first step: "first Oracle Web Listener"

	But then I get stuck with two DCDs - I run the Oracle
	DB on the local machine ( the instance is up), fill
	in the oracle home and SID and it fails with:

	"OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 3114
	ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE"

	the same error if I try to setup "default DCD, OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE"

	What's the problem ?
	I setup the "first Oracle Web Listener" as nobody/nobody
	( I tried oracle/dba ... bad bad - but doesn't work anyway).

	Should the instance be running at the time of config (well,
	I guess it should :) ?
	Any advices ?

	E-mail copy would be appreciated !

	Rashid.

--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-