Re: Is MS-SQL6.5 in the same league as Oracle, Sybase?

From: vetter <lupoone_at_mail.intercall.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

David Upham wrote:

> In article <01bbb811$f90c2c60$0100007f_at_SteveC.icon.co.za>, dukey_at_icon.co.za
> says...
> >
> >David Upham <npis_at_ms1.hinet.net> wrote in article
> ><53mkcd$s7p_at_netnews.hinet.net>...
> >
> ><snip>
> >>
> >> User-defined functions are supported by MS SQL Server.
> >>
> ><snip>
> >
> >I have never seen any information on this feature in SQL Server. Perhaps
> >you could point me in the right direction.
> >

> >Thanks
> >Steve.
> >
> They are called extended stored procedures in MS SQL Server. User defined
> functions are compiled into DLL's and then can be called in the same manner as
> stored procedures. MS supplies a number of them for specific uses (such as
> mail and executing an NT command).
>
> Good Luck

ORACLE top on performance, SQL SERVER 6.5 price performance, sybase 11 nt version last on my list. It seems to mirror microsofts urge to ship more bugs than solid code. I do believe the Unix sybase 11 version is killer but again oracle rules on speed Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message