Re: What is the differences between Developer/2000 and Designer/2000?

From: Tony Rothwell <tony_at_santen.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/22

In article <54gcb6$g53_at_newsgate.duke.edu>, Robert Gordon <rgor_at_nando.net> writes

>I know this probably sounds like a cop out, but many of the things I
>prefer in ERwin are "look and feel" issues. The graphical User
>Interface of ERwin is just more ergonomic IMHO. I sat down with ERwin
>and was doing serious data modeling within an hour. It took me several

<SNIP>

All the shortcomings that you describe in the Des2k ERD interface seem valid to me. Nothing is difficult to do in it, it could just be a lot easier! If you consider that CASE*Designer was written in 1989, the current Des2k diagrammers' ease-of-use and functionality are pretty disappointing. I would have hoped that things could have moved on more than they have done. In particular, the tabbed-dialog interface for defining Entity/Attribute definitions is very poor. Hopefully, Oracle will run the next releases of Des2k through the usability/ease-of-use trials that they did with Developer/2000.

--
Tony Rothwell