ORACLE:UNIX::ORACLE:PERL?

From: Mark W. Aurit <maurit_at_world.northgrum.com>
Date: 1996/10/18

Is it possible to indirectly access Oracle tables from a Perl script? By "indirectly", we have a number of UNIX shell scripts that dynamically create .sql, and then we execute the Oracle SQLPLUS command-line environment, passing it the .sql script. We might update a table, or create an ouput file. Is the same easily doable under Perl? There is a public domain Oracle library for Perl4, but since Perl is relatively new to use and we are using to running Oracle under UNIX as I just mentioned, that would be a quick way to leverage our skill base.
We'd expecially appreciate hearing from anyone accessing Oracle from Perl, regardless of method.
TIA, Mark

--
Mark Aurit
Business Systems