Re: Oracle Spatial Options and Data Warehouse

From: Christopher B. Browne <cbbrowne_at_wolfe.brownes.org>
Date: 1996/10/18

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 00:55:45 GMT, Chuck Schuelke <ces_at_xnet.com> posted:
>could someone use values such as treatment outcome instead of distance
>in spacial attributes.

>ie give me diagnoses and procedure codes where success = cancer in
>remission or better. or something like this to evaluate treatment
>efficacy?

But that's an OLAP application, not a spatial application.

When evaluating treatment efficacity, it is appropriate to use a statistical package to perform linear regressions, ANOVA, with all of the corresponding T- and F-tests. None of which has anything to do with there being (or not being) spatial operators in Oracle.

A distance operator in the database is not the same thing as a linear regression.

For ANOVA, do a database query and extract the information into SAS or some similar tool. Spatial coordinates don't replace external tools such as SAS.

--
Christopher B. Browne, cbbrowne_at_unicomp.net, chris_browne_at_sdt.com
Web: http://www.conline.com/~cbbrowne  SAP Basis Consultant, UNIX Guy