Re: ORA Objects for OLE

From: A little left of plumb <dwyche_at_giant.intranet.com>
Date: 1996/10/15

In article <53r7go$bb3_at_solaris.seanet.com>, skipncandy_at_seanet.com writes:

>Is anyone using Oracle Objects for OLE? If so, how has your success been?
>Is it worth investing in? We have heard that Oracle may abandon it.
>
> Thanks, Candy L. Peck

we use it here with a VB3 app and find it both faster and more robust than ODBC. Additionally, OO4O allows the returning of values from PL/SQL, something apparently not possible with ODBC (AFAIK...)

i haven't heard of any Oracle plans to abandon OO4O... could you pass along any more of what you've heard?

thanks,                  david