Re: Heterogeneous Replication Experiences?

From: Joel Klebanoff <joel_klebanoff_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/10/11

KScottAO wrote:

> We are looking to implement replication between DB2/MVS and Oracle 7.3.2
> running on an SP2 AIX environment. Oracle recommends their "Heterogeneous
> Replication" solution, utilizing their Transparent Gateway for DRDA, IBM's
> Data Propagator Relational/Capture, and Oracle's Replication Services
> component.
>
> I am looking for anyone with any experience using this approach for DB2 to
> Oracle replication.
>
> Kevin Scott
> Blue Cross of Western PA

I don't have any experience with Oracle's heterogeneous replication solution, but if you are looking to expand your consideration set I know that Praxis' replication product (OmniReplicator) will handle replication between those two databases. Their web site is http://www.praxisint.com

--
Joel Klebanoff
Klebanoff Associates, Inc.