Re: Learning Oracle

From: suvas <suvas_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/10/11

Its one thing to learn all the stuff from books and manuals and quite a different game to become
a 'proficient DBA' which comes by years of on the job experience.Particulary you need to have a fundamental grasp of the OS on which you are running(Unix,VMS..).Anyway not to discourage you
Good luck.

Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com> wrote in article <32516EF5.6E43_at_primenet.com>...
> I'm learning Oracle fundamentals using the book "Oracle: A Beginner's
> Guide." I downloaded Personal Oracle7 for Win95, but it doesn't contain
> Oracle Forms or Oracle Reports. Could anyone tell me where I can get a
> copy of those programs so I can learn to use them. I'd appreciate it.
> And could someone give me some advice on how to become a proficient DBA
> using Oracle (that is what training, books, or programs). Thank you.
>
> Rob Calfee
> trace_at_primenet.com

   I am not speaking.My experience is saying the above. Received on Fri Oct 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message