Re: SQL*LOADER - multiple input files??

From: David Scott <dlscott_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/10/09

In article <52ubnr$rv6_at_usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, epid_at_vms.cis.pitt.edu wrote:

> I have a question regarding SQL*Loader as far as a systematic
> way to load multiple files from a given directory. I am aware
 <snip>
> But in our situation, we will have a set directory where on
> a regular schedule, multiple input files will be placed. The
> filenames will vary according to the date they were created
> but we receive multiple days worth of files sveral times a month.
>
> For instance if we had tables T1 and T2, the ASCII files
> we could receive would be T1100296.DAT, T2100296.DAT etc. Also we
> receive many at once so they don't necessarily correspond to the
> current date. For instance on 10/2/96, file T1092696.DAT,
> T1092796.DAT could also be placed in that \data directory and
> also need appended into the ORACLE tables.
>
> So has anyone out there come up with a simple solution to grabbing
> all files for a given table from a given directory specification?
> Meaning INFILE "\data\T1*.dat" does not work syntactically.

 <snip>

Yow! I would not do this with the infile clause of the control file at all; rather, we use a shell script containing a for loop to supply the names as parameters to sqlldr and a move/compress routine. If you are using unix, I could supply the code (I don't have it here at home) upon request.

David Scott                        ...how can I keep from singing?
                bumper snicker: My other guitar is a Martin (D16H)
email: dlscott_at_mindspring.com