Archiving Financials Data

From: Systems Admin <sysadmin_at_doj.vic.gov.au>
Date: 1996/10/04

Does anyone have a solution to the problem of archiving Financials data?

We have to keep 7 years of data for legal purposes, and the users say they need 'quick' access to it so it may not be possible to put it to tape.

If we created an archive database and used snapshots, would we need to have another Financials application on that database or could we just connect into it with a database link?

The idea is to reduce the burden on the Financials database by getting rid of historical data, but keeping it available in case it is needed later.
Surely someone else has had to do this?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy Horne Received on Fri Oct 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message