Re: [Q] Pro*C-programs spawn defunct child processes

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

Torbjorn Kronander <to-kro_at_sectra.se> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>we have trouble with different Pro*C programs which all of a sudden -
>after some minutes
>or hours - start spawning defunct child processes until the work station
>is blocked with
>"No more processes". All this on HP-UX 10.1, Oracle 7.1, SQL*Net 2.
>
>The problem is getting worse and worse (happens more and more often), so
>I wonder if we
>have some resource problem.
>
>Any suggestions on what can cause this?
>Please reply by e-mail, it's faster.
>
>--
>Almut Herzog
>SECTRA-Imtec AB e-mail: al-her_at_sectra.se
>Teknikringen 2 voice: ++46 13 235221
>583 30 Linkoping fax: ++46 13 212185
>SWEDEN
You may want to check with Oracle Support. This is a BUG (#262063) in Oracle 7.2.3 on Solaris2.5. The work around is to set TWO_TASK=P: This was it will use the pipe driver instead of the bequeath adapter. Seems to work for us.

Naren Chintala
naren_at_mink.att.com Received on Wed Oct 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message