Re: Snapshot problem with fast refresh

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com>
Date: 1996/09/30

usfmd2ya_at_ibmmail.com (Alberto Rivera) wrote:
>I created a read-only simple snapshot and complete
>refresh it OK manually with
>dbms_snapshot.refresh ('snapshot','C').
>
>I created a snapshot log in the same database as the
>master table, and tried to fast refresh the snapshot
>using dbms_snapshot.refresh ('snapshot','F'), but I
>got an ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used.

<snip>

Refresh fast will work only under the following scenario

  1. create snapshot log
  2. create snapshot
  3. refresh fast

and not

1. create snapshot
2. create snapshot log
3. refresh fast

In this case you need to do a complete refresh before you can do a fast refresh.

For detailed explanation check out the manuals.

Naren Chintala
naren_at_mink.att.com Received on Mon Sep 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message