Re: Snapshot problem with fast refresh

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/09/30

Alberto Rivera wrote:

> I created a read-only simple snapshot and complete
> refresh it OK manually with
> dbms_snapshot.refresh ('snapshot','C').
>
> I created a snapshot log in the same database as the
> master table, and tried to fast refresh the snapshot
> using dbms_snapshot.refresh ('snapshot','F'), but I
> got an ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used.
>
> Some more information:
>
> -DBA_SNAPSHOTS
> can_use_log = YES (OK - it's a simple snapshot)
> latest_refresh = 01-JAN-50 (WHY??? - I complete refreshed OK)
> error = #######
>
> -DBA_SNAPSHOT_LOGS
> current_snapshots = (null) (WHY?? - exist a snapshot referencing it)
>
> -When I modify the master table the snapshot log records
> the changes OK, but the SNAPTIME$$ is null.
> -The database link used in de snapshot's subquery has user
> system/manager, who can access master_table and
> MLOG$_master_table (snapshot log)
>
> Anybody knows what's happening ???
> Thank you in advance

Are your snapshot 'JOBS' okay? ie are your snapshots 'broken'? I'm making some assumptions about what version of ORACLE7 you are using, but you might have to start the snap 'JOBS' on the receiving end via the DBMS_JOBS.run(job#) package. If the jobs are broken, then you can do a 'C' refresh, but not fast. Check this out.

Wayne Linton Received on Mon Sep 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message