1 or 2 databases and/or servers?

From: Yong CC <yongcc_at_sam.po.my>
Date: 1996/09/29

        Got a small dilemma here. A colleague of mine is involved in a project that uses Oracle 7 for two (2) independent departments within the same company. The _only_ connection between these two departments is that they may need to query data from each other's database. There are no relations whatsoever between the two databases. They merely need to have access (with certain restrictions) to the information on each other's database. Now, when consulted, I recommended that there be two distinct databases sitting on individual servers. My justification include the following factors (in brief):

Joe Yong
Software Alliance (M) Sdn. Bhd. Received on Sun Sep 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message