NLS French and Unix localizations

From: Shawn Belaire <Shawn.Belaire_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 1996/09/29

NLS Question,

I have two databases both are not the 7 bit type but two different 8 bit types to support french characters.

One database is on an alpha , the other on a sun netra. The problem I'm having is that if I telnet to the alpha and start sqlplus I observe french character in the tables, But if I create the same table on the netra via the "copy xxxx/xxx_at_alpha create table using copy the french table on the alpha", And the look at the contents of the table on the netra the french characters are messed up.

The LANG value on the netra is set to 'fr' the alpha uses some LC_iso variable. Note french characters are ok in flat files, also the NLS_LANG is not set on the alpha and I've tried various combinations on the netra.

Both computers are http servers using WOW, should the NLS_LANG be set to latin1 or some other value of ntscape?

Thanks to all :-> Received on Sun Sep 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message