Re: ORA-00942 Help, please?

From: R. Schierbeek <bytelife_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 1996/09/28

In article <DyEuvG.I1x_at_news.decus.org>, skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org wrote:

> One of our Oracle users gets this message immediately upon logging into
> SQLPLUS: ORA-00942 table or view does not exist.
>
> Rose

Whenever you start sqlplus it will run the LOGIN.SQL file on your current directory. Check that for a _select from table_ statement.

If there's nothing there then check the GLOGIN.sql in

     $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin

Thats the global login script.

R. Schierbeek, DBA                         ---|---
email: bytelife_at_worldonline.nl               (_)