Re: caching log, temp files

From: Eugene Freydenzon <efreydenzon_at_corpinfo.com>
Date: 1996/09/26

David Nudelman wrote:

> Are there any log, temp or other files which Oracle will not, or is not
> recommended to, cache in CPU main memory?

 If I understand, what you mean, Oracle is trying to avoid any double buffering on any platforms. For example, if you use raw partitions you are getting some performance gain, because of double buffering elimination.
You have "cash" already - it is SGA.

Eugene.

*        Everything above is only my opinion           *
* If you see a lion in a cage and sign says "elephant" *
*           DO not belive your eyes !                  *
*       (Kozma Prutkov. (informal translation))        *