Re: Want to be a DBA? Be careful what you ask for.....

From: Richard Lloyd <rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/09/25

In article <3247552D.47AF_at_laoc.shl.com>, Neil Greene <ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com> writes:
>So, where is that Oracle bug list or ftp.oracle.com at anyway??

Actually, www.oracle.co.uk would be a great source for this (it has a *huge* bug report list and loads of handy technical documents), but Oracle UK have decided, in their infinite wisdom, to block off this site with a username/password system (yes, I've got mine, which I had to hassle Oracle UK for and they sent it via snail mail too <groan>).

Really, www.oracle.com should take a leaf from Oracle UK's book (w.r.t. to the *contents* of the Web site that is, not the password protection !) and set up a US equivalent of www.oracle.co.uk.

www.oracle.co.uk has saved my bacon a few times and I've given up waiting up to 20 mins on the phone to Oracle UK about something which they'll end up using the same query system as the Web site does to look up anyway !

Richard K. Lloyd,           E-mail: rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk
Connect,                       WWW: http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/users/rkl/
5-31, Great Newton St,
Liverpool University,
Merseyside, UK. L69 3BX Received on Wed Sep 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message