Re: SQL*Loader Question

From: Videojet <joepipek_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/09/24

Jerry Bull <gbbull_at_uswest.com> wrote:

>We are having problems with a datafile that splits across multiple
>lines. We need the data to be placed into a single column, but
>whenever a newline is encountered, SQL*Loader thinks it is the
>end of record. We have tried using PIECED and other options, but
>none seem to be working.

>Any pointers would be appreciated.

>TIA

>Jerry.

>Jerry Bull, Sr. MTS Phone: 303-624-3073
>U S WEST Technologies Fax: 303-624-8462
>931 14th Street, Suite 920 Email: gbbull_at_uswest.com
>Denver, CO 80202

Have you tried 'CONCATENATE n' clause? It will cause loader to add 'n' physical records to form one logical record. However, all your records should be split over the same number of lines to use this method. You can also try CONTINUEIF, but it requires an indicator in each line (to indicate which lines are continuations).

Mike Umansky
umansky_at_vsiusa.attmail.com

This opinion is my own and does not reflect any opinions of Videojet Systems International. Received on Tue Sep 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message