Re: SQL*Loader Question

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net>
Date: 1996/09/25

>We are having problems with a datafile that splits across multiple
>lines. We need the data to be placed into a single column, but
>whenever a newline is encountered, SQL*Loader thinks it is the
>end of record. We have tried using PIECED and other options, but
>none seem to be working.

You could use the keyword FIXED and then put the record size after that keyword, however any time there is a newline, is considers that another place holder (the newline/carraige return). This will also only work if the record is broken in the same place for EVERY record.

Example:

line 1: abc123
line 2: def
line 3: xyz987
line 4: iou

Here, the line you add would be: FIXED 11 (the 2 LF/CR)

            http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.