Raid Configurations and Oracle

From: <mthomas_at_digital.net>
Date: 1996/09/23

Are there any white papers or the like on this topic?

We are going to 2 Raid-5 5 disk arrays (I know, that's redundant!) with hopefully 1 or 2 Raid-1 devices (in other words, 1 or 2 disks that will be mirrored). However, there may only be the RAID-5 arrays... it's not resolved yet.

We are using Silicon Graphics Challenge RAID arrays...although I would like to hear of experiences on any RAID-5 and/or RAID-1. Tell me the good as well as the bad!!

Thanks,
Mary Thomas Received on Mon Sep 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message