Re: Newbie: Cant see tables from Client

From: cris brady <cbrady_at_alpinenet.com>
Date: 1996/09/19

Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com> wrote in article <51k9vi$ci0_at_loki.asymetrix.com>...
> Are the tables created using mixed lower case? If so, then you need
> to access them using double quotes, like this:
>
> SELECT * FROM "cat_cre"
>
> Lower-case table and column names are possible in Oracle, but are a
> pain in the butt. I suggest you drop all of the tables and start
> over, making sure that the physical name that ERWIN uses for the
> tables/columns are all in upper case. Use:
>
> DROP TABLE "table_name" CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;
>
> to drop the tables.

Mike,

It turns out that it is a rights problem, I don't have select rights to the table (why I don't is another problem). But I'm interested in your comment about lower case table and column names being a pain in the but in Oracle. Could you expound a little, since lower case naming has been my convention for MS SQL Server for several years. What kind of problems does it cause?

  • Cris --
    mailto:cbrady_at_alpinenet.com software with altitude! http://www.alpinenet.com alpine enterprise, ltd. Microsoft Solution Provider Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer