Re: Help! Emergency! ODBC

From: Randy Dewoolfson <randyd_at_cais2.cais.com>
Date: 1996/09/19

maybe you didn't grant attach rights to the Access user.

Shane Murray (smurray_at_albion.bah.com) wrote:
: Ahh. I wanted to defrag the database, so I did a full export,
: recreated the database with a create database command, then ran
: catalog.sql and catproc.sql, remade my tablesapces, and made a temp
: rollback seg. Then I imported the full file back. Everthing seems
: cool, BUT...
: With MSAccess2.0 (16-bit), I can no longer Attach tables (or import).
: I can to another database, however. I can ping and tnsping to the
: database in question. I can also use the ODBC (16-bit) test program
: to connect to the database in question, I can use this test program
: to selec all tables or even select from a certain table. I CAN'T
: DO AN ATTACH, though! I can logon and get a list of tables, but as soon
: as I select a table and hit attach, the hourglass comes up and doesn't go
: away. On the server I can see the client session and even kill it.
: The things I though of are this: I did not import the original sys
: tables, rather I created them fresh with the catalog.sql script. Could
: there be something in those original sys tables that needs to be there now?
: Or another idea... I noticed on the sys tables, there were no statistics
: gathered. Could it be that the attach comand from access is performing
: som sql to bring back the description of the table, and full table scans
: are being performed on the sys tables?????

: --
: -- Shane Murray (UNIX)

: *** Make sure to reply to ***
: *** smurray_at_albion.bah.com ***

--
  .?$" '?i     .                              I  Randy DeWoolfson  I