Re: ORACLE wants to put me on trial for one month

From: Ian Sparkes <sparkes_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1996/09/15

This seems a pretty unusual setup to me and I've not heard of Oracle consulting doing this before.

In general I can interview a (prospective) DBA and within 5 mins place a candidate in range of ability

        ie (1-3, 4-7, 8,10) in term of DBA experience. The remaining time is normally spent fine tuning this and if appropriate discussing the position and the candidates career plans. I also typically have one of my DBAs interview the candidate for comparison.

Frankly most people I interview rarely get above the 1-3 range.

As I'm sure Oracle has DBA with the ability to evaluate your ability, I wonder if the recruiting firm you are dealing with is giving you the whole story. I've found Oracle consulting to be a very professional organization and this doesn't seem normal. Received on Sun Sep 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message