Re: Dev 2000 Forms ? part 2

From: nix <nix_at_gate.net>
Date: 1996/09/13

Lets assume that the listitem name is COUNTRY and is in block WHERE. You would access the value in the WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger as follows:

value := :WHERE.COUNTRY;

to populate the second list box based on the first I would create a record group (RG_STATES) that just references :WHERE.COUNTRY in the where clause:

select state
  from world
 where country=:WHERE.COUNTRY

then in the WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger for the COUNTRY listitem: populate_group('RG_STATES');
populate_list('WHERE.STATES','RG_STATES');

something like this should work.

--
robert
The statements and opinions expressed here