Re: Forms 4.5 and removing elements in List Box

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/09/10

In article <01bb9e66$f31c6dc0$100364c8_at_Shawno.erudite.com>, Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com> wrote:
>Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net> wrote in article <511asn$2i6@linet01.li.net>...
>> I have made a pop-up list (list item) and have added several
>> values to choose from. When I got to the last element, Forms
>> automatically creates a new blank element. I now have several
>> blank entries and cannot seem to gwt rid of them. How can I
>> do this???
>
>If you find out, could you tell me how?

In the Forms Designer in on a Windows PC, you use Ctrl > to insert a new element, and Ctrl < to delete an element. You can find this by getting "keyboard help" (with Ctrl K) while you are in the "Column Specification" property window.

I had a tough time trying to get rid of the blank elements, too. Before I found the above method, I deleted the element at run time from my When-New-Form-Instance trigger. (This brings to mind: Square peg, round hole, big hammer, no problem ;-)

Steve Cosner Received on Tue Sep 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message