Re: MTS Configuration

From: Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

Murthy S. Patamalla wrote:
> 3.The way I understand from ORACLE corporation is that you can not use
> MTS for terminal/direct connections. In other words, you can use MTS
> but it will work as dedicated as if you have set SERVER=DEDICATED.

This is incorrect. You simply need to specify the connect string with the appropriate protocol. example:

$ sqlplus username/password_at_tnsconnection

Presto chango, you're now using MTS connection.

> 3.The way I understand from ORACLE corporation is that you can not use

I repeat, Oracle tech support needs to issue a self rebuild with the advanced options, and quick.

Murthy, the people told me to shut off my snapshot processes, which turns out to be fatal in a number of ways. Check with this place first, I get better answers, and i get them faster. I LOVE USENET!

bcmartin Received on Tue Sep 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message