Re: Forms 4.5 GPFs continually - HELP!

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/09/09

In article <50vflf$46l_at_arl-news-svc-6.compuserve.com>,  <.,_at_compuserve.com> wrote:

>HELP!
>
>I am using Forms 4.5 running on a PC against an Oracle 7.1.6 database on
> a DG Avion. The problem I am experiencing is that when moving from
>form to form at runtime, I repeatedly encounter a GPF:
>
>GPF in TK21WIN.DLL at 0012:0BF5
>
>This is by far the most common GPF, but I have also had GPFs in
>DE15WIN.DLL.
>
>In desperation, I have tried:
>
>- keeping no more than one form open at a time and using NEW_FORM()
>when calling other forms
>- completely re-installing Developer/2000 v1.2
>- playing with the CONFIG.SYS file to remove EMM386
>- running the application on a different PC
>- repenting all the sins I can think of
>
>This GPF occurs without fail every time I run the application and move from
>form to form (and back) a few times.
>
>Any constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>David Frost
>New Zealand

David,

First, please try to fix your email address. I can't reply except through the newsgroup.

You didn't say what size memory you have in the PC. If it is less than 8Mb, then that is probably the problem.

Also, there have been reports of "memory leaks" where Forms do not completely free up memory after a Call_Form/Exit_Form process, so your memory could be disappearing that way.

We use New_Form mostly here, and do not have any GPF problems (at least from that).

HTH,
Steve Cosner Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message