Re: NEED RATING OF ORACLE TRAINING

From: ashok kapur <akapur_at_thomtech.com>
Date: 1996/09/05

David Turner wrote:

> I am very interested in getting good training in Database Admin, Backup &
> Recovery, Performance Tuning, Etc. I have received the literature from
> Oracle on their training and everything looks good.
>
> However before shelling out thousands of dollars I would like anyone that
> has had classes through Oracle to let me know if they considered the
> training valuable.
>
> I have learned Oracle pretty much on my own and don't want to waste my
> time getting spoon feed the same things I already know. If you think the
> training is helpful or awful I would appreciate the info. I really like
> working with Oracle and just want to understand the beast as best and
> quickly as I can
>
> Thanks, David

My experience has been very positive from all the Oracle provided classes that I have taken. A couple of years ago I did an informal survey across my company to find out other consultant's experiences with Oracle traning offered by non-Oracle vendors. All that responded did not recommend taking Oracle classes outside Oracle. Now, a lot may have changed in two years, but my safe bet will be with Oracle.

--
Ashok Kapur (akapur_at_thomtech.com)
Thomson Technology Consulting Group