user privileges

From: Kevin Carter <kevin.carter_at_sdsu.edu>
Date: 1996/09/03

We have been using one of the other database products for several years and are in the process of migrating to Oracle. One of the many issues to resolve is user / developer privileges or the lack there of.

Historically developers have had the 'create table privilege'. The results of developers having the 'create table privilege' is a very denormalized database which is unmanageable.

I am interested in learning from the past and not letting history repeat itself. I'm also interested in learning from your experience.

How do you handle privileges for users Vs developers? Do you allow developers to create tables? If not, how do you handle the addition of objects into the database? What privileges do you grant to developers? Received on Tue Sep 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message