HELP REQUIRED ON PRO*C

From: G. RajaGopal-A756513-NA <rajag_at_dadd.ti.com>
Date: 1996/09/02

URGENT HELP REQUIRED ON PRO*C:

We seem to be facing a version compatibility problem with PRO*C.

The problem is as follows.

The code has a 'typedef' of the following kind.

typedef int Bool, *Bool_ptr;

When compiled in 1.5.10.1.0 version of Proc it compiles perfectly.

But now compiled in 2.1.2.0.0 it comes out with the following error at the time of pre processing.

typedef int Bool, *Bool_ptr;
.................1

(1) PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "," when expecting one of the following:

 ; ( [

The command line options used in the compilation are

SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS userid=ctrp/ctrp ireclen=132 oreclen=132 select_error=yes mode=oracle iname=raja.pc oname=raja.c

Please suggest any solution for this above problem. Is it any migration problem across versions? Even then why does Pro*C precompiler mess around with valid C-Syntax?? I know that Pro*C ver 2.0 onwards does some C-parsing, and is this due to that?

G.Rajagopal.                        \\\|///          MSGID:GRAJ
Texas Instruments.                \\  - -  //
email:rajag_at_india.ti.com
Ph:+91-80-5269451 - 4              (  _at_ @  )
   extn:177.                    -oOOo-(_)-oOOo-