Re: sql*loader and long

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/09/02

Debi,

I've had success using a line continuation character and a termination character after the end of the long text data. Basically the datafile looks like:

 record1data1data2data3..............
$data(n)data(n+1)............
$data(n+2).....<termination char>

 record2data1,data2...............
$data(n)data(n+1)............
$data(n+2)......<termination char>

 record3data1,data2...............
$data(n)data(n+1)............
$data(n+2)......<termination char>

If it's any consolation, I know exactly the difficulties your're having. It took me a long time to get all the input data file and control file formats all to make sense to SQl*Load.

If you want, tomorrow when I'm in the office, I can send you a few records from our weekly load datafile, the control file and the table structure. Just E-mail me at the 2nd E-mail address, if you want the example files.

Cliff
(noodles_at_aol.com)
(cbuetikofer_at_isinet.com) Received on Mon Sep 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message