Re: Avoiding redo log for temporary data

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_deneb.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/09/01

In article <32272AA2.4EA1_at_ic.net> Chris White <cwhite_at_ic.net> writes:

> Does anyone know if I can avoid populating the redo log for specific
> transactions? I have a transaction that creates a large amounts of
> temporary rows then deletes them. This is filling up the redo/archive
> logs at an alarming rate. Is there the concept of a temporary table
> (like Sybase)? Or is there a session variable I could toggle?

With Version 7.2 you have the new keyword UNRECOVERABLE for the CREATE TABLE and CREATE INDEX commands.
In my Version 7.3 SQL Reference, UNRECOVERABLE is found on page 4-197.

Axel Schlueter
Institut fuer Informatik
Universitaet Hannover, Germany Received on Sun Sep 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message