Re: access 95 and oracle 7

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1996/08/31

Quinton McCombs wrote:

> In article <322240C5.30ED_at_gte.net>, dzisman_at_gte.net says...
> > I installed access 95 on my workstation that is connected to a novel
> > server and a unix box that is running hp unix with oracle 7.1. We
> > purchased the obdc 32 bit drivers from microsoft, but still can not get
> > the software to give me an option of oracle or can i get it to connect.
> >
> > any ideas or thought...
> >

> You will need to run the 32 bit verion of SQL net and the Oracle 32 bit
> ODBC driver from Oracle.

I have been wrestling with this one for the past 3 days. I have Access 95 connecting to Oracle 7.2.3. The 32-bit ODBC drivers appear to be configured okay, but I still get an error from Access stating that the ODBC connection failed to connect. Can you give me more information about the 32-bit SQLnet?? I run SQLnet from the LAN and all of my users haven't upgraded to WIN 95 yet. Am I stuck in a situation where I have to live with either the 16-Bit SQLnet or the 32-bit SQLnet?? Are some of my users dead in the water until all are on a common platform??

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ed

--
jennings_at_dca.net