(wrong string) –03121

From: John D. White <jdwhite_at_katie.vnet.net>
Date: 1996/08/28

Edward Baggott (eabaggot_at_ingr.com) wrote:
: I have recently installed Oracle 7.3.2 on my machine (NT 3.51).
: The machine originally had Oracle 7.2, but I deleted it entirely
: before installing 7.3. I also deleted all the Oracle references
: from the registry.

: I am getting the following error trying to connect SQLPlus33 to
: a 7.2 database on a different machine.

: -- ORA–03121 no interface driver connected – function not performed

: Another person in my group also has this problem. Another person,
: however, is able to connect successfully. We are not having any
: problems connecting to 7.3 databases.

: The Messages manual has the following entry for 3121:

: This message occurs usually because the SQL*Net driver is not loaded into
: memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program
: linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs
: provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.

: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle
: Corporation, contact customer support. If a user program caused the message,
: relink the program with current versions of the Oracle libraries.

: Before I call customer support, does anybody know how I can fix this
: problem?

V7.3.2 requires SQL*NET V2 only.

1. Install SQL*NET V2.3 for you protocols TCP, PIPES or IPX.
2. Configure your network with Network Manager.
3. put the sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora in the $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin
dir.
4. Make sure the hosts file is correct
5. connect with the service name.
BTW: You MUST have SQL*PLUS V2..... installed on the server and a listener started.

Good Luck!

--
John D.(JD) White Oracle Client/Server Consultant Inventor of the ATM
Whiteline Design, Inc. 7812 Blackwing Ct.Raleigh, NC  27615  USA