Re: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [24] [0] [2] [0] [] []

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

ora 7445 means we have caught a signal 11 (seg-fault) and instead of dumping core, create a trace file. the trace file will be found in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin (or where you have the background dump dest set to in init.ora). By looking at the head of the file, you will find the statement causing the error, perhaps that will help isolate the issue. Can you share the offending statement with us?

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:37:10 -0800, David J DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu> wrote:

>Hello all;
>
>I have a developer who is encountering the message in the subject line as a
>result of executing some sql. He's doing so at the sql*plus prompt, and
>shortly after executing the sql he ends up back at the shell prompt and the
>above message ends up in the alert file. Also, no core file appears to be
>generated as a result of this error. We have logged a tar with Oracle, but I
>was wondering if anyone here has run in to this.
>
>TIA
>
>--
>
>David J. DeWolfe
>Systems Programmer
>Statewide Office of Information Services
>University of Alaska
>907.474.7399
>sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu
>
>In a vicious struggle for survival intelligence emerges as the weapon of
> choice. - Nova, In Search of Human Origins

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com -- Check out our web site! Brand new, uses Oracle Web Server and Database

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message