Re: SQL*Net and the location of TNSNAMES.ORA

From: Vijay Banda <vbanda_at_fldb1.fl.ford.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

"Scott T. Johnson" <sjohnson_at_ibm.net> wrote:
>Can the location of TNSNAMES.ORA be changed from the
>\orawin\bin\network\admin directory some other directory. How do you
>tell SQL*Net to look somethere else? Is it an environment variable?
>
>Thx,
>Scott

hi, Scott, I guess if you look into your local ORACLE.INI file you should

    find a variable likfe NETWORK_DIR,

   try setting this variable to where ever that you want to put the    TNSNAMES.ora.

   I am not quite sure so plese test it out.

  Hope this helps

  Vijay Kumar Banda Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message