Re: Oracle to WordPerfect DDE

From: Michael Taylor <mtaylor_at_prolog.net>
Date: 1996/08/28

Hi,
We've experimented (a little) with using OLE containers and WordPerfect 6.1 which
prevents us having to directly use DDE. As OLE objects, wordperfect links seem to
be preferable to embedded objects if they are to be stored in the database.

I believe LONG RAW columns are limited to 32K and I suspect this holds true for
embedded objects. SMALL embedded WP 6.1 objects work fine.

LINKED WP 6.1 objects, however are flaky with Forms 4.5. They can be 'seen' as
objects in the form, but when double-clicked, wordperfect fires up and is empty.
Haven't figured out a way around this yet. Wordperfect 'linked' objects do seem to
work OK in non-forms applications so I'm not sure what the problem is yet.

We're anxious to resolve it as well!

  • Mike

Benita Haslett <haslett_at_agt.net> wrote in article <4vnqgq$r5f_at_tigger.planet.eon.net>...