data dictionary corrupt.

From: Pep Pla <peppla_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/08/23

Hi

View (i think it's a view) dba_rollback_segs shows a rollback segment, owned by sys, with status = 'INVALID', there is another rollback seg with the same name owned by public.

I tried to drop both, but i just can drop the public one, when i try to drop
the other there's a message saying '... rollback ... does not exist'

On the undo$ table appears both segments...

On the dba_segments only the public one appears.

Oracle support told me to export-recreate-import the database, but they don't point me to the origin of the errors, and i wouldn't like to find it later with other segments.

Now I don't have the exact version number but its a Oracle 7.1.... The OS is a Sun-Solaris 2.4 and the machine is a Sparc-1000.

        thanks.

        Pep. Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message