Re: Oracle 7.2.2.4 for NT Keep my disk array gone crazy on HP dual Pentium Netserver

From: Tony Noble <tnoble_at_mt.gov>
Date: 1996/08/22

In article <320A8F48.6044_at_hsc.utah.edu>, bo.lu_at_hsc.utah.edu says...

>Hi, everyone,
>
>We are using Oracle 7.2.2.4 for NT on HP Netsever 5/100 LH2.
>It has been running well for a couple of weeks. But started
>yesterday, Oralce kept the disk array working like crazy. There
>was no users or jobs on it. We shut down NT and disconnected
>all the users. But soon after we brought up Oracle, the disks
>started gone crazy. I don't know what is Oracle doing. We can
>started Oracle and no recovery needed.
>Any clue to this will be greatly appreciated.
>
>--
>Bo Lu
>Senior Programmer/Analyst
>Hospital and Clinical Informatics, U. of Utah
>801-581-5964, bo.lu_at_hsc.utah.edu

Were there any errors in the alert log? We had a corrupt rollback segment once and the system would seem to run fine, except that the page file was slowly filling up, when it was full, the instance would crash. This would possibly cause a lot of disk activity.

--
Tony Noble
tnoble_at_mt.gov