ORA-12560 Unable to open transport error

From: Greg Harris <gharris_at_nis.fonorola.net>
Date: 1996/08/20

I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience with this error message on a WFW TCP (3.11b) client.

My organization is just now upgrading clients to SQLnet V2.2 . We have an installaton kit that has been effective on all but one region within my organization. I do not suspect the TNSNAMES.ORA or SQLNET.ORA as these are functioning fine on other PCs. Notably the problem clients have reliable TCP connectivity to the DB engine and other servers. The break down seems to be when SQLnet communicates to the protocol adapter. I have run a TNSPING trace getting the above error. I suspect a bad or conflicting DLL from another source but am at a loss to find it. The problem PCs are remote to me and I have been unable to reproduce the problem at my site. Does this sound familar to anyone? I'm stumped! I've checked for multiple MSOCKLIBs, the TCP_VENDOR param in oracle.ini, path, reinstalled...any further leads would be a big help.

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message