Re: 7.3.2 installation on Solaris 2.5 problem

From: Lon Culbertson <culberts_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/08/16

Vladimir Stavitsky (vlads_at_lvalue.com) wrote:
: Hi, everybody;
: today i went through my second installation of Oracle 7.3.2
: on Solaris 2.5. My first installation was rather smooth, but
: it was on my own host which i control completely. This second

: installation was pretty rough.

: Finally we installed everything, and all stuff appears to be
: working. The only problem is an error message i get when i start
: sqlplus. This error does not prevent sqlplus from doing all the
: regular stuff correctly, but i am still worried if this thing is
: going to backfire later on. Here's this error message:

: Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
: ERROR:
: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement
:
:
: Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
: You may need to install the Oracle Procedural option
: SET APPINFO requires Oracle Server Release 7.2 or later
:

: Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    When I ran into this problem, I just used SQL*Plus as sys and ran catproc.sql. Received on Fri Aug 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message