Re: Index performance

From: Randy Dewoolfson <randyd_at_cais3.cais.com>
Date: 1996/08/15

Are the indexes in the same tablespace? On the same drive? or on the same RAID bank? If so move them to another device. You should be able to approach about 800 records per second depending on your hardware (and other edits being done in software).

Or you could try this... Drop index, load table, create index. This postpones the index creation time until after the data is available... might slow down a few queries right around run time but your load will be done sooner...

Good Luck
Randy :)

Glen Nunes (73044.1336_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: We are having performance trouble with a batch process and we've
: narrowed it down to index performance.

: We have created a brand new tablespace on a new drive. Our
: testing indicates a 1000 record insert that takes 6 second
: non-indexed, takes 55 seconds or more when indexed in any of a
: variety of ways.

: Can anybody give me an idea of what may be causing this?

: Paul Jacobs

--
  .?$" '?i     .                              I  Randy DeWoolfson  I