Script for creating users anyone?

From: N.S. Smith <nss_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/08/15

Hi,

We've just invested in Oracle here at Liverpool University, however, there are no resources left over to train the staff or purchase support software/services.

"Oracle's going to cost us HOW much?"

Does any organisation (probably University) have a script that creates new users from a text file of user names? Basically we need a mechanism to create large numbers of users very quickly, and, conversely, drop them as well. I've seen the web page for RevealNet but the University is loathe to invest any further with Oracle support.

We are using Oracle 7.2.3 on HP Unix workstations (HP Unix 9.X).

Please e-mail me if possible (a script would be very, very nice) or duplicate post/e-mail.

Thanks

Neville Received on Thu Aug 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message