Re: ODBC32 problem - "Specified driver could not be loaded"

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1996/08/15

On Wed, 14 Aug 96 08:06:13 GMT, trzop_at_omicron.comarch.krakow.pl (Trzop Rafa³) wrote:

>For about a week I've been trying to install the ODBC drivers for Windows 95 I
>got from Oracle's web site. Well, they install succesfully, but whenever I try
>to use them, the Microsoft's ODBC manager or something, displays the message
>"Specified driver could not be loaded". First I thought I didn't have SQL*Net
>properly installed, so I reinstalled it from Developer/2000 CD and nothing
>changed. By the way on the CD I found a newer ODBC driver then on the net 8-|
>SQL*Plus works perfectly, as it had worked before, but ODBC doesn't.
>Anyone knows what's it all about ?

I had the same problem some time ago. The work around is to set PATH variable in autexec.bat ( yes I know we use win95 and 32bit applications ) which should point to <ORACLE_HOME/bin> and <ORACLE_HOME/odbc>.
i.e.
SET PATH=c:\dos;d:\orawin95\bin;d:\orawin95\odbc

hope this helps

jacek Received on Thu Aug 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message