Re: DBMS_SQL Question

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/08/15

In article <32128022.9BE_at_usc.edu>, Monique M Morris <mmorris_at_usc.edu> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
> I have two questions regarding DBMS_SQL.
>
> 1) Is it possible to manipulate a table's ROWID, that is to do the
> following and if so, how should V_ROWID be defined
> (ROWID?, CHAR(18)? , VARCHAR2(18)?, other?)

there is no good reason to use dbms_sql to perform a select statement since you can already choose from embedded select...into style or the use of open/fetch/close cursor variables.

the data type of rowids can be varchar2(18).

> 2) The second question relates to BIND_VARIABLE. I am able to
 successfully bind
> within the WHERE clause but not the tablename itself.

correct. you cannot bind the table name. only column expressions.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Thu Aug 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message