Re: Updating TNSNAMES.ORA/Upgrading SQL*Net

From: LUN WING SAN <s926058_at_sgiind07.csc.cuhk.hk>
Date: 1996/08/14

In previous article, Michael Wilson (MWilson_at_ti.com) wrote:
[QUOTE]Our organization support several applications that utilize SQL*Net to connect
[QUOTE]to our Oracle databases. Each application has its own instance and requires
[QUOTE]it own entry in TNSNAMES.ORA. Is there an automated utility that will
[QUOTE]insert/update entries in TNSNAMES.ORA? We are thinking about writing a small
[QUOTE]application to make sure that the correct entries are in TNSNAMES.ORA, but
[QUOTE]we'd rather use an existing utility if these is one.

[QUOTE]Also, how do you handle installing SQL*Net on the client workstations? Do you
[QUOTE]just have your client run the Oracle install program and hope they get it
[QUOTE]right? How do you handle SQL*Net upgrades? We're looking for suggestions.
[QUOTE]We would like to automate the procedure, where possible.

       I believe Network Manager can relieve your pain in writing the correct entries in TNSNAMES.ORA.

--

                                                               Best Regards,

                                                                 Lun Wing San
                                                                 ­Û  ¥Ã   ·s

Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org
Telephone     : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841